Wake Up Your Idea
Thursday, April 24, 2008
  What To Do, It Has Happened...
We have a silly-looking icon which can't decide if it's a fish or a mammal. We also have a national flower with a salutation as its middle name. In addition, we aspire to be the biggest in everything we build or do - suspiciously as though obsessed with overcompensating for the lack of actual land size or population might. But what I love most about Singapore is our prodigal son [NOT Fandi Ahmad] and his wise words of wisdom.

In May 2006, he uttered the immortal words "...I'm going to spend all my time thinking what's the right way to fix them..." with regard to the opposition during an election rally. Shockingly, he still got re-elected.

Barely 2 years later, he's back with an irresistible reply to a national disaster where a 'dangerous terrorist' escaped, with a cool "...what to do, it has happened." The embarrassing incident was followed by an equally-embarrassing inquiry report worthy of only an 'O' Level pass at best, with amateurish statements from the PM (aforementioned prodigal son-of-a-...) and the Minister responsible for the fiasco that can only be described as insulting to the average sensible citizen.

Nevertheless, I have complete faith in the truest-of-the-true current 'face of Singapore' to provide timeless classics like 'Mee Siam Mai Hum'. I simply can't wait for the next pearl of insight to spew forth from his post-cancerous mouth.

I wonder if decades down the road, we will look back and say that it was this unrelated alleged terrorist - albeit indirectly - who sowed the seeds of impending doom for the ruling 'elite'. Will I be telling my children that a certain Mas Selamat changed the history of Singapore in February 2008?

New Illustrated SOP For Detention Guards

Labels: , , ,

 
Comments:
My name is Abigail. It's not fair to judge and compare, but I do think the ruler of your country didn't screw up as big as my country's. I love Singapore too. Cheers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
In the pursuit of independent thinking, I offer you an alternative perspective...

ARCHIVES

May 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / October 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 /






Powered by FeedBlitz
Email Notification